• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Did Pass CPC exam, kind of depressed :-(

Jessica W

Okay so I'm with Natalie on getting a low score on the Compliance and Regulatory section!
I've taken this test twice already and both times this section has been low, 1st time 40% and 2nd time 20%!!!
I have no idea what this section really is on I guess now because I thought it was on Chapter 1-The Business of Medicine which is what I studied a lot on the 2nd time I took the test but got a lower score :(

Any help please!!!

Jessica W

I have take the exam twice now got better the second time but not good enough 66%. I'm not sure if I want to even try it again I am very disappointed in myself I have been in school for 3 years, got my degree in medical insurance billing. Just very down!
My opinion do NOT GIVE UP!!! Take it again!!! I failed mine twice and the 2nd time I got a 68% so talk about being disappointed :( I work in the medical billing field and have for the past 8 years and I'm going to tell you right now I look at these codes EVERYDAY and I still couldn't pass so do not beat yourself up!!! I actually have been told that when taking this test you shouldn't even be thinking about the billing aspect because that will just mess you up and confuse you even more since coding and billing are actually separate.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
No need for anxiety! With enough practice you can learn to keep yourself moving along with confidence and achieve the necessary speed to get through the exam successfully. See my other post for some exam preparation tips.